As from Acunetix WVS v10, an Acunetix crawl can be pre-seeded using various techniques. Pre-seeding an Acunetix Crawl with such data gives the Acunetix Crawler a head start when scanning the site, while ensuring that the requests already captured using other tools are not missed by the Acunetix Crawler. This may happen when there are parts of the site which are not linked to from the main web site.
An Acunetix crawl can be pre-seeded using output from the following 3rd party tools:
- Selenium – Scripts used to automatically test the site
- Telerik Fiddler – Session Archives .saz files
- Burp – Saved items and State files
- HTTP Archives – HAR files which can be exported from various tools including the developer tools included with the major browsers
- Acunetix HTTP Sniffer logs.
In addition, Acunetix WVS can also capture requests done by custom tools that may have been developed to test or interact with the site.