As from Acunetix WVS v10, an Acunetix crawl can be pre-seeded using various techniques, one of which is by using Selenium Scripts. This is very useful when an automated Acunetix scan needs to be done on a website which is already being automatically tested using Selenium.
Pre-seeding an Acunetix Crawl with such data gives the Acunetix Crawler a head start when scanning the site, while ensuring that the requests already being triggered by your Selenium script are not missed by the Acunetix Crawler. This may happen when there are parts of the site which are not linked to from the main web site.
Here is to how to go about pre-seeding an Acunetix Crawl using a Selenium Script.
- Have the Selenium Script handy on the Acunetix machine.
- From Acunetix, click on New Scan to start the new scan wizard.
- Insert the website URL of the site you want to scan and click Next.
- Choose the Scanning profile and the Scan Settings to use.
- Select to “Show advanced options in the scan wizard” and click Next.
- Choose the option “Use external testing tools during crawl”
- Insert the path to Selenium Script, or click the folder icon and select the file using the File-open dialog.
- Proceed through the Scan Wizard to start the scan.
- Acunetix WVS will immediately retrieve HTTP requests from the Selenium script which will be used to initiate the crawl.