This article explains how to retain your settings and reports database while upgrading between versions of Acunetix WVS.
Note that the procedure to upgrade to a newer build within the same version is different.
It is recommended that you backup your settings before proceeding with the upgrade.
Perform the following to upgrade a previous version of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner to the latest version:
- Close all instances of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner (and related utilities such as the Reporter)
- Optionally backup the Login Sequences if you would like to use these in in the newer version. Depending on the version, these can be copied from <C:\Program Files (x86)\Acunetix\Web Vulnerability Scanner X\Data\General\LoginSequences’> for version 7 or older or <C:\Users\Public\Documents\Acunetix WVS X\LoginSequences> for newer versions.
- Optionally backup Reporting Database if you would like to use it in the newer version. If you are using an Access Database, the default location of the database is < C:\Program Files (x86)\Acunetix\Web Vulnerability Scanner X\Data\Database\vulnscanresults.mdb>
- From the Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Program Group, select to uninstall the product.
- Install the newer version of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner.
- To restore the Login Sequences, copy the files backed up in step 2 to <C:\Users\Public\Documents\Acunetix WVS X\LoginSequences>
- If upgrading from version 7, the Reporting database needs to be updated before it can be used in a newer version. This can be done using the Reporting Database Upgrade tool which can be downloaded from here. Proceed as follows:
If you are using an SQL database, select MS SQL Server, and specify the Server, credentials and Database which needs to be upgraded and click on the Convert button. Then configure the new version of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner to use the upgraded database.