Download the latest build for Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner v8 and be fully compliant with the most recent OWASP Top 10 2013 list of risks.
The main feature included in Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner version 8, build 20130619 is the new compliance report for the recently published OWASP Top 10 2013. In addition, the new build has also been updated to detect vulnerabilities in various web products and provides various other improvements such as reduction in false positives and other important bug fixes.
- Introduced a new compliance report for OWASP Top 10 2013
- Introduced detection of AngularJS template injections
- Added detection of Adobe ColdFusion critical vulnerability APSA13-03 (CVE-2013-3336)
- Added detection of nginx stack-based buffer overflow (CVE-2013-2028)
- Added detection of Horde/IMP Plesk Webmail Exploit
- Added detection of missing X-Frame-Options header (used to prevent Clickjacking attacks)
- Added a test checking for Basic Authentication over HTTP
- Added a test checking for Flask Debug Mode
- Added a test checking for Struts2/XWork Remote Code Execution
- Added detection of MediaWiki Chunked Uploads Security Check Bypass
- Added detection for Plupload XSS vulnerability (included in WordPress versions 3.5, 3.4.2, 3.4.1, 3.4, 3.3.3 and 3.3.2 and other applications)
- Reduced false positives in XSS detection
- Improvements to Web Server Default Welcome Page script
- Reduced false positives reported by Blind SQL Injection
- Improvements in the detection of Sensitive Directories
- Added patterns for Python error messages and stack traces in the Text Search script.
- Fixed an issue in PHP AcuSensor
- In some situations, the Login Sequence Recorder misidentified connections to HTTPs sites when working through the Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner proxy
- Fixed a false positive in Microsoft IIS Tilde Directory Enumeration
- Fixed issues where scheduled scans with recursion are not rescheduled if they cannot start because of scan restrictions
- Fixed a bug with Amazon S3 Public Buckets audit KB items being reported multiple times
How to Upgrade
When you start Acunetix WVS 8, you will be notified that a new build is available to download. Navigate to the General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, click on Download and Install the new build.
You can see the complete Acunetix WVS change log here. If you have any technical questions, feel free to email the Acunetix Support Team. If you have any sales related questions or are interested in becoming an Acunetix Reseller, email the Acunetix Sales Team.