Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner version 9.5, build 20140602, identifies new vulnerabilities in Google Web Toolkit™, Joomla!, Parallels Plesk, nginx, and a number of WordPress plugins including the popular All in One SEO plugin.
The following is the full list of updates included in this release.
- Added a check for Open Flash Chart 'ofc_upload_image.php' Remote PHP Code Execution Vulnerability which affects various web applications including WordPress plugins, Joomla! components, piwik, and others
- Added a test for Joomla! v3.2.2 SQL Injection vulnerability
- Added a script which checks for various known Drupal vulnerabilities (in Drupal modules and Drupal core)
- Added a test for SFTP/FTP credentials exposure. Various SFTP/FTP clients are storing connection credentials in plain text files (such as sftp-config.json, recentservers.xml, etc.) that are later uploaded on the web server
- Added a test for "Same Site" Scripting
- Added a test for Parallels Plesk SSO (Single sign-on) XXE (XML External Entity) and XSS (Cross-Site Scripting) vulnerabilities
- Added a test for systems running PHP versions < 5.5.12, 5.4.28 (multiple vulnerabilities fixed in these versions including the Heartbleed bug affecting PHP)
- Added a test looking if the elasticsearch service is accessible
- Added a test for elasticsearch remote code execution
- Added a test for nginx SPDY heap buffer overflow (CVE-2014-0133)
- Added a test for Adobe ColdFusion 9 Administrative Login Bypass
- Added a test for multiple vulnerabilities affecting Ioncube loader-wizard.php file
- Added a test looking for Apache Roller OGNL Injectio
- Added a test for Apache Tomcat JK Web Server Connector security bypass.
- Added a test looking for XSS vulnerabilities in GWT Google Web Toolkit - CVE-2012-4563, CVE-2012-5920, CVE-2013-4204
- Added detection of PHP framework CodeIgniter
- Added a test that checks for server-side redirects from http:// to file://
- Added a test looking for weak encryption keys in CodeIgniter-based web applications
- Added a test looking for insecure Django strip_tags implementation
- Added a test for JBoss Seam 2.3.1 Remoting Vulnerabilities
- Added detection and a check for the latest version of Typo3 web application
- Added a test looking for Adobe Cold Fusion directory traversal and information disclosure (CVE-2013-3336)
- Added the following Cross Domain Data Hijacking vulnerability checks:
- Through file uploads,
- Through unsafe JSONP callback
- Through control over the top of the response page
- Added a test looking for Database connection strings information disclosure
- Added a test for CodeIgniter <= 2.1.3 xss_clean() Filter Bypass
- Added an alert for WordPress username enumeration
- Added a test for ExtJS charts.swf XSS (distributed with Typo3)
- Added a test for Ruby on Rails directory traversal (CVE-2014-0130)
- Added a test for WordPress plugin All In One SEO Pack security vulnerabilities.
- Improved PHP version detection and OS detection
- Improve existing ColdFusion checks
- Improved SQL injection detection and added better error messages for IDM DB2 databases
- Improved XXE testing, introduced more test-cases as per this document
- Implemented server-name extension for TLS.
- Fixed issue were links originating from XHR are invalidated
- Fixed issues when inserting data in the reporting database
- Fixed issue with Invalid report dates when Microsoft Access is used for the Reporting database
- Web service editor didn't used updated proxy settings
- HTTP editor - alert boxes not loading on Windows Server 2003 caused by Internet Explorer security restrictions
- Corrected CVE classification
- Fixed issue affecting some cases of crawl results from previous versions whereby the input method was not loaded properly
- Fixed crawler crash when sitemap file is invalid
- Apache_CN_Discover_New_Files.script script was double encoding URIs got from Apache
- Fixed various issues caused when the scan is paused.
How to Upgrade
If you are running Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner v9.5, you will be notified that a new build is available to download when you start the application. Navigate to the General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, click on Download and Install the new build.
If you are running Acunetix WVS v8 or v9, you should follow the upgrade instructions available in the "Upgrading from a previous version of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner" in the Acunetix WVS user manual.