We are proud to announce the launch of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 6.5. With this new version, we introduced the new ‘file upload forms vulnerability checks’. Acunetix is the industry’s first and only Web Vulnerability Scanner to scan web applications for this type of vulnerabilities.
The new features of Version 6.5 are:
- New Login Sequence Recorder, supports more authentication forms and web technologies.
- Session Auto Recognition module; the crawler will identify when a logged in session is invalided or expired and re-logins automatically.
- Actions drop down menu; for each highlighted node, the actions drop down menu is activated showing all possible functions.
- Much more JSP, Java and Tomcat checks and alerts
We also achieved the below major improvements with this version:
- Improved cookie management and session handling to support modern dynamic websites.
- Port Scanner and Network Alerts results appear as a separate node from the web alerts in the results view.
- Ability to import settings from Version 6 installation.
- Added Blind SQL injection timing test using MySQL’s sleep and MS SQL’s waitfor function. This will help in discovering particular blind SQL injections that do not report a change on the page.