Minimum System Requirements
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 and later
- CPU: 32 bit or 64 bit processor
- System memory: minimum of 2 GB RAM
- Storage: 200 MB of available hard-disk space.
This does not include the storage required to save the scan results - this will depend on the level of usage of Acunetix.
- Download the latest version of Acunetix from the download location provided when you purchased the license.
- Double click the installation file to launch the Acunetix installation wizard and click Next when prompted.
- Review and accept the License Agreement.
- Click Install to start the installation. Setup will now copy all files and install the Acunetix services.
- Click Finish when ready.
Activating your Acunetix Installation
After the installation, Acunetix needs to be activated using your license key. This can be done using the Acunetix Activation utility which can be loaded from the Acunetix program group. Insert your License key and your details and proceed with the product activation. Note that production activation requires a connection to the internet.
Installing AcuSensor in your web application
If you need to scan a .NET or PHP web application, you should install Acunetix AcuSensor on your web application in order to improve the detection of vulnerabilities, get the line in the source code where vulnerabilities are located and to decrease false positives.
Note that Acunetix version 11 has undergone a major update. With the exception of Login Sequences, the settings and reporting data from previous versions cannot be used in version 11. Acunetix version 11 can be used on the same machine as previous versions - in which case, you should just install version 11 as per above.
To upgrade a previous version of Acunetix to the latest version:
- Close all instances of Acunetix (and related utilities such as the Reporter)
- Optionally backup the Login Sequences if you would like to use these in in the newer version. These can be copied from <C:\Users\Public\Documents\Acunetix WVS X\LoginSequences>.
- From the Acunetix Program Group, select to uninstall the product.
- Install the newer version of Acunetix.
- You can re-use the Login Sequences in version 11 by configuring these in the Site Login Section of the Targets.