If web applications are not secure, then your entire database of sensitive information is at serious risk. Why?
- Websites and related web applications must be available 24 x 7 to provide the required service to customers, employees, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Firewalls and SSL provide no protection against web application hacking, simply because access to the website has to be made public
- Web applications often have direct access to backend data such as customer databases and, hence, control valuable data and are much more difficult to secure
- Custom applications are more susceptible to attack because they involve a lesser degree of testing than off-the-shelf software
- Hackers prefer gaining access to the sensitive data because of the immense pay-offs in selling the data.
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner (WVS) is an automated web application security testing tool that audits your web applications by checking for exploitable hacking vulnerabilities. Automated scans may be supplemented and cross-checked with the variety of manual tools to allow for comprehensive web site and web application penetration testing.