The upgrade of a multi-engine installation may seem like a daunting task, but it is quite easy to do. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Backup the contents of the directory found at <C:\ProgramData\Acunetix 11>
- From the Acunetix v11 UI > Settings > Select each Engine and Click on the Delete button
- Upgrade the Main Installation to v12 by installing v12 on the same machine where v11 was installed. V11 will be upgraded, and all your settings will be retained.
- Upgrade the Acunetix Engines to v12 by installing v12 over the v11 engine. The v11 engine will be detected, and v12 will automatically install the Acunetix Engine only.
- After upgrading both the Main Installation and the Engine installations, you will need to configure the engines in the Main installation following the procedure in the “Register Scanning Engine” section.
Get the latest content on web security
in your inbox each week.