Acunetix is a dynamic software company, developing a cutting-edge tool designed with security professionals in mind to help them secure their websites and web applications from design flaws and hackers. Unlike network security solutions, Acunetix scans websites and web applications by replicating a hacker’s approach to detect vulnerabilities heuristically instead of based on fixed signatures.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer who will be testing functionality in the Acunetix products. The post requires an enthusiastic IT engineer who can work in a highly collaborative environment, is logical and systematic in his work and can work on his own initiative.
QA Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working with the product manager and software developers on building efficient and effective ways for manual and automated testing
- Designing, building and maintaining test cases for the Acunetix products and the Acunetix scanning engine
- Documenting clearly and tracking any bugs identified in our bug tracking system
- Testing fixes for defects identified and ensuring that no new bugs have been introduced.
- Developing automated tests
- Using various tools to identify memory problems.
- A general understanding of how software works
- A good understanding of web protocols
- Hands on experience using the Windows and Linux operating systems
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Ability to write scripts or develop small applications
- Has an interest in IT security.
Education and Experience
The selected candidate should have a university degree in IT or equivalent. Experience in a similar post will be considered an asset.