Acunetix is a dynamic software company founded to develop a cutting-edge tool designed with security professionals in mind, to help them secure their websites and web applications from design flaws and hackers. Unlike network security solutions, Acunetix scans websites and web applications by replicating a hacker’s approach to detect vulnerabilities heuristically instead of based on fixed signatures.
We are looking for a Senior Security Researcher who will be researching new web security vulnerabilities, with the intention to implement new or updated existing vulnerability checks in the Acunetix scanner. The post requires a researcher who can think out of the box in order to identify novel ways to automatically identify vulnerabilities in web applications.
Senior Security Researcher will be responsible for:
- Leading a small team of researchers and security testers
- Using various methods to proactively research application weaknesses
- Developing scripts that automatically identify vulnerabilities
- Maintaining servers used for the detection of web vulnerabilities
- Assessing the security of various systems used at Acunetix
- Strong understanding of ethics relevant to information security
- A very good understanding of web technologies
- Ability to do code reviews for different development languages
- Experience in manual pen-testing
- Proficient written and oral English communication skills
- Knowledge of web security going beyond the OWASP Top 10.
- WebSec specific certificates (e.g. OSWE, GIAC GWAPT, eWPT, eWPTX) will be considered an asset.
Education and experience
The selected candidate should have a university degree in IT or equivalent, backed up by at least 3 years working in an IT security post. Proficient use of both written and oral English is a must. Security certificates such as CISSP, CISA or CISM would be considered an asset.
How to apply
Send us your application and C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org