A Maintenance Agreement (MA) entitles customers to free version upgrades/build updates (Upgrade Insurance), and Support for the duration of the agreement. This insurance is included for free with the 1 Year Subscription licenses.
Since version 10, MA is included for free for the first year for all Perpetual licenses. You can also purchase extra years of MA at any time. Support is available during normal business hours at Acunetix.
The MA is based on a “Use it or Lose it” principle. If the right to upgrade to the latest version is not invoked by installing the latest version of the product and reactivating the license key before the expiry date of the MA, then that right will be lost when the MA expires.
If you do not renew an MA and wish to upgrade to the latest version once a new version is released, you will have to purchase a Version Upgrade which includes one year of MA.
It is important that the customer renews their MA within 30 days from expiry, otherwise they will also need to purchase a Version Upgrade to renew after that time.
Acunetix Maintenance Agreement Summary
- The MA is valid for free for one year on perpetual licenses.
- The MA must be purchased within 30 days after the lapse of one year following the activation date of the license.
- The MA must be renewed within 30 days from expiry (perpetual licenses only).
- The MA may only be purchased in 1-year intervals or in multiples of one year.
- The MA may only be purchased for a perpetual license and is included in the one year subscription license.
- Use it or Lose it.