Add a Target in Acunetix 360
In order to execute a security scan on a target using Acunetix 360, you first need to add the target in the New Target page. If the Target is not defined and you launch a scan, the system will display an error (‘The Target URL field is required.').
If you want to add more than one website at a time, or if you have lots of websites to scan, see Import Websites in Acunetix 360.
How to Add a Target in Acunetix 360
- From the sidebar, click Targets, then New Target.
- In the Name field, enter a friendly name for the target.
- In the URL field, enter the target’s URL. It must include ‘http://’ or 'https://'.
- In the Target Groups checklist, by default, the website is part of the Default group. Select other groups as needed. Alternatively, click Deselect All (see Website Groups in Acunetix 360).
- From the Technical Contact drop-down list, select an Acunetix user. New vulnerabilities identified on the Target will be automatically assigned to selected user.
- Click Save. You are returned to the Manage Target page, where your new target is listed.
- If using Acunetix 360 Online, you will need to verify ownership of the target (see Verify Website Ownership in Acunetix 360).