This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to remote code execution vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will let attackers to execute arbitrary code by tricking a user into opening a PDF file embedding a malicious Flash animation and bypass intended sandbox restrictions allowing cross-domain requests. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader version 9.3.1 or 8.2.1 or later. For updates refer to http://www.adobe.com
Flaw is caused by a memory corruption error in the 'authplay.dll' module when processing malformed Flash data within a PDF document and some unspecified error.
Adobe Reader version 8.x before 8.2.1 and 9.x before 9.3.1 on Linux.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Adobe ExtendedScript Toolkit (ESTK) Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability (Win)
- Adobe AIR Multiple Vulnerabilities -01 Feb13 (Linux)
- Adobe Air Multiple Vulnerabilities -01 May 13 (Mac OS X)
- Adobe AIR Multiple Vulnerabilities -01 April 13 (Mac OS X)
- Adobe Acrobat Multiple Vulnerabilities - 01 May14 (Mac OS X)