This host is installed with Adobe Reader/Acrobat and is prone to remote code execution vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will let attackers to execute arbitrary code by tricking a user into opening a PDF file embedding a malicious Flash animation and bypass intended sandbox restrictions allowing cross-domain requests. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader/Acrobat version 9.3.1 or 8.2.1 or later. For updates refer to http://www.adobe.com
Flaw is caused by a memory corruption error in the 'authplay.dll' module when processing malformed Flash data within a PDF document and some unspecified error.
Adobe Reader version 8.x before 8.2.1 and 9.x before 9.3.1 on Mac OS X. Adobe Acrobat version 8.x before 8.2.1 and 9.x before 9.3.1 on Mac OS X
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Adobe AIR Multiple Vulnerabilities-01 Jun14 (Mac OS X)
- Adobe AIR Multiple Vulnerabilities-01 Dec13 (Mac OS X)
- Adobe Flash Player Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability - 01 Feb14 (Mac OX S)
- Adobe Acrobat Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities-01 Sep13 (Windows)
- Adobe Air Multiple Vulnerabilities - December12 (Mac OS X)