This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to information disclosure and remote code execution vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to conduct arbitrary code execution and gain knowledge of sensitive information. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader version 7.0 or later. For updates refer to http://get.adobe.com/reader
Flaws exist due to, - A boundary error in 'UnixAppOpenFilePerform' function while opening a document containing a '/Filespec' tag. - Temporary files being created with permissions based on the user's umask in the '/tmp' folder.
Adobe Reader version 5.0.9 and 5.0.10 on Linux.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Apache Tomcat AJP Request Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- Apple Safari libxml Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Adobe Reader Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities Jun06 (Mac OS X)
- Adobe LiveCycle Designer Untrusted Search Path Vulnerability (Windows)
- Apache Traffic Server Remote DNS Cache Poisoning Vulnerability