The file viewcode.asp is a default IIS files which can give a malicious user a lot of unnecessary information about your file system or source files. Specifically, viewcode.asp can allow a remote user to potentially read any file on a webserver hard drive. Example, http://target/pathto/viewcode.asp?source=../../../../../../autoexec.bat
If you do not need these files, then delete them, otherwise use suitable access control lists to ensure that the files are not world-readable.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Security Bypass Vulnerability - March 2011
- Apache UserDir Sensitive Information Disclosure
- Apache Tomcat Partial HTTP Requests DoS Vulnerability (Windows)
- IBM WebSphere Application Server IVT Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Apache HTTP Server mod_proxy_ajp Process Timeout DoS Vulnerability (Windows)