This host is missing a critical security update according to Microsoft Bulletin MS08-059.
Successful exploitation could allow local attackers to bypass the authentication mechanism and can access administrative functionalities via a specially crafted RPC request. Impact Level: System
Run Windows Update and update the listed hotfixes or download and update mentioned hotfixes in the advisory from the below link, http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms08-059.mspx
The issue is due to an error in the SNA Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service.
Microsoft Host Integration Server 2000/2004/2006 (Server) on Windows. Microsoft Host Integration Server 2000/2004 (Client) on Windows.
Updated on 2015-03-25
- Microsoft IIS FTP Server 'Malformed FTP List Request' DOS Vulnerability
- Microsoft IIS Security Bypass Vulnerability (970483)
- Microsoft .NET Common Language Runtime Code Execution Vulnerability (974378)
- Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft Silverlight Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities (2651026)
- Internet Information Services (IIS) FTP Service Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (2489256)