The host is running Quick 'n Easy FTP Server and is prone to denial of service vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow the remote attackers to cause a denial of service. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to the way server handles 'USER' and 'PASS' commands, which can be exploited to crash the FTP service by sending 'USER' and 'PASS' commands with specially-crafted parameters.
Quick 'n Easy FTP Server Version 3.2, other versions may also be affected.
- SolarFTP PASV Command Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- SolarFTP USER Command Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- FreeBSD and OpenBSD 'ftpd' NULL Pointer Dereference Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- AceFTP LIST Command Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- HP-UX ftpd glob() Expansion STAT Buffer Overflow