- WordPress is prone to a cross-site scripting vulnerability because it fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage this issue to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site. This can allow the attacker to steal cookie-based authentication credentials and launch other attacks. WordPress version 2.5 is vulnerable.
- Update to WordPress version 2.5.1 or latest
- WordPress Plugin New Year Firework Cross-Site Scripting (1.1.9)
- WordPress Plugin SodaHead Polls Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (2.0.2 )
- WordPress Plugin Archive Posts Sort Customize Cross-Site Scripting (1.5)
- WordPress Plugin Download Monitor Cross-Site Scripting (1.7.0)
- WordPress Plugin Wordfence Security Cross-Site Scripting (6.1.6)