The Acunetix WordPress Security plugin is the ultimate must-have tool when it comes to WordPress security. The plugin is free and monitors your website for WordPress security weaknesses that hackers might exploit and tells you how to easily fix them. You can see all your security alerts from your WordPress dashboard.
Key Acunetix WordPress Security features:
- Removal of error information on login page
- Automatically adds index.php to WordPress directories to avoid information disclosure
- Removal of WordPress version
- Removal of Really Simple Discovery meta tag
- Removal of Windows Live Writer meta tag
- Removal of WordPress update information to non admin wordpress users
- Removal of WordPress plugins update information to non admin wordpress users
- Removal of WordPress theme update information to non admin wordpress users
- Hides the WordPress version in the backend dashboard for non admin wordpress users
- Disables database error reporting
- Disables PHP error reporting
- Strong Password Generator which you can use to protect your WordPress from brute force attacks.
- Database tool which you can use to automatically rename the WordPress database table prefix to protect WordPress from zero day vulnerabilities.
Integration with Acunetix WordPress Security Plugin:
If you are a WordPress Security Plugin user you can check out all WordPress Security alerts from your WordPress dashboard. The plugin scans your website daily for security issues and malware, making sure you are fully covered. Simply download the plugin and join the vast community of WordPress users that are enjoying peace of mind when it comes to their WordPress security!