Even the best designed web application, implemented by the most security-aware developers, is going to have security risks. It’s simply unavoidable. Developers focus on functionality, not web security. Applications are constantly changing. With new features designed and built against tight deadlines, it’s not surprising security critical vulnerabilities within application code and server configurations are introduced all the time. Hackers probe for vulnerabilities continuously, finding new security vulnerabilities in some of the most obscure web applications.
Web security scanning is crucial to ensure your web application does not expose sensitive data. However, manual security testing simply does not scale against a large number of web applications common in the SaaS age. A web application security scanner will identify defects vital to your web application security posture.
Find security vulnerabilities before attackers do with a website security scanner
Code reviews and manual tests aren’t exhaustive enough to find all security vulnerabilities. Apart from relying on the developers and testers recognizing problems, they also don’t scale. Running an easy and quick scan with Acunetix website security scanner to comprehensively probe your site to identify where your application is at risk.
- Examines web applications built with popular frameworks including Java frameworks such as Spring, Struts and Java Server Faces (JSF)
- Inspects the the source code of a web application whilst it is in execution thanks to AcuSensor technology
- Replicates user actions to execute scripts just like a browser
- Login Sequence Recorder allows you scan password-protected pages automatically.
Detect and fix common web application vulnerabilities
There are hundreds of common vulnerabilities your developers need to guard against, so it’s no surprise they might miss a couple. Acunetix can automatically discover thousands of vulnerabilities, including hard-to-detect variants. Acunetix website security scanner identifies more than 4,500 known vulnerabilities including:
Additionally, Acunetix can optionally make use of AcuSensor to examine server-side code during run-time and identify vulnerable lines of code in Java ASP.NET and PHP web applications where the vulnerability originate. What’s more, Acunetix generates almost zero false positives so test results are guaranteed not to throw a wrench in your web application scanning programme.
Improve website security testing with security tools
Make website security testing more robust with a website security scanner that examines your web application from end to end. Acunetix uses both black box and gray box testing and focuses on the complete attack surface of web applications and web services. Plus, Acunetix provides support for managing and resolving web application security issues, not just identifying them.
- Discover critical vulnerabilities such as SQL injection and command injection
- Identifies TLS/SSL vulnerabilities, web server vulnerabilities and other misconfigurations
- Scans both open source and commercial WordPress themes and plugins, as well as the WordPress core for known vulnerabilities
- Integrates with web application firewalls and automatically creates protective rules
- Integrates with Issue Trackers such as Atlassian JIRA, GitHub and Microsoft TFS
- Vulnerability management reporting enables defect prioritization and regulatory compliance
When a hackers exploit web vulnerabilities they hurt your reputation and your business. Use Acunetix website vulnerability scanner to detect your security vulnerabilities so you can fix them before attackers exploit them.
We use Acunetix as part of our Security in the SDLC and to test code in DEV and SIT before being promoted to Production.