Defend against known application vulnerabilities
The first step to kick starting your web application security program is to look for known application vulnerabilities. Keeping known vulnerabilities out of your code base prevents attackers from easily exploiting them and running malicious code. Attacks such as SQL injection and Cross-site Scripting are usually much easier to fix than to find them, so educating developers about best practices, defining a security policy and enforcing development security standards are all important approaches when defending against web security vulnerabilities.
- Discover in excess of more than 4,500 security vulnerabilities
- Detect SQL injection and cross-site scripting and all of their variants
- Automatically scan web applications with custom form authentication or other custom access controls and session management
Defend your entire attack surface
Web applications have a large attack surface and security threats can come from anywhere, including third-party code. Vulnerabilities can exist in several layers of an application. Be it in the frontend, the backend or even within web server configurations.
With built-in support for exporting discovered vulnerabilities to the most popular security tools such as web application firewalls, you can take automated testing even further whilst virtual patching the vulnerabilities in production to give you enough breathing room to fully and carefully undergo remediation.
Additionally, Acunetix can find security issues beyond its typical black box scanning approach thanks to its AcuSensor gray box scanning technology. With AcuSensor, Acunetix can automatically examine Java, ASP.NET and PHP server-side code whilst it’s in execution. This allows Acunetix to pinpoint the exact line of code where vulnerabilities lie, as well as dramatically reduce an already low false positive rate.
Get actionable insights into your web application vulnerabilities
By using tools to help test your simulate web application attacks, you’ll be in a position to find and fix security vulnerabilities before an attacker has the chance to exploit them. A vulnerability scanner like Acunetix also provides recommended actions to take to correct the vulnerabilities it identifies, as well as the ability to re-test fixes.
Acunetix also allows you to produce dozens of technical and compliance reports with actionable information your web application developers, security professionals and regulators can use to reduce and assess security risks:
- Out-of-the-box vulnerability management tools including historic trends, and prioritization
- Integration with popular Issue Trackers such as Atlassian JIRA, GitHub and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Easy to generate compliance reportshttps://www.acunetix.com/vulnerability-scanner/iso-27001-vulnerability-compliance/ for PCI DSS, OWASP Top 10, ISO 27001 and HIPAA.
We use Acunetix as part of our Security in the SDLC and to test code in DEV and SIT before being promoted to Production.