With the uptake of cloud computing and advancements in browser technology, web applications have become a core component of business processes, and a lucrative target for hackers. Organizations must make web application security not only a priority, but a fundamental requirement. Enter Acunetix a web vulnerability scanner available for Windows and for Linux!
A Firewall Is not Enough
Firewalls, SSL and hardened networks are futile against web application hacking. Web attacks are carried out over HTTP and HTTPS – the same protocols that are used to deliver content to legitimate users. Web applications are often tailor-made and tested less than off-the-shelf software and the repercussions of a web attack are often worse than those of traditional network-based attacks.
- Detect over 4500 web application vulnerabilities
- Scan open-source software and custom-built applications
- Detect critical vulnerabilities with 100% Accuracy
Technology Leader in Automated Web Application Security
Acunetix are the pioneers of automated web application security testing. The Acunetix vulnerability scanner uses innovative technologies that include:
- DeepScan – for crawling AJAX-heavy client-side single page applications (SPAs)
- Industry’s most advanced SQL Injection and Cross-site Scripting (XSS) testing including advanced detection of DOM-based XSS
- AcuSensor – combines black box scanning techniques with feedback from its sensors placed inside source code
Fast, Accurate, Easy to Use
The Acunetix web vulnerability scanner employs a multi-threaded, lightning fast crawler that can crawl hundreds of thousands of pages without interruptions.
- Highest rate of detection of WordPress vulnerabilities – scans WordPress installations for over 1200 known vulnerabilities in WordPress core, themes and plugins
- An easy to use Login Sequence Recorder that allows you to automatically scan complex password-protected areas
- Review vulnerability data using built-in vulnerability management tools and easily generate a wide variety of technical and compliance reports
We use Acunetix as part of our Security in the SDLC and to test code in DEV and SIT before being promoted to Production.
Acunetix is available on premise and online.