With the uptake of cloud computing and advancements in browser technology, web applications have become a core component of business processes, and a lucrative target for hackers. Organizations must make web application security not only a priority, but a fundamental requirement. Enter Acunetix a web vulnerability scanner available for Windows and for Linux!
A Firewall is not enough
Firewalls, SSL and hardened networks are futile against web application hacking. Web attacks are carried out over HTTP and HTTPS; the same protocols that are used to deliver content to legitimate users. Web applications are often tailor-made and tested less than off-the-shelf-software; the repercussions of a web attack are often worse than traditional network-based attacks.
- Detects over 4500 web application vulnerabilities.
- Scan open-source software and custom-built applications.
- Detects Critical Vulnerabilities with 100% Accuracy.
Technology Leader in Automated Web Application Security
Acunetix are the pioneers in automated web application security testing with innovative technologies including:
- DeepScan Technology – for crawling of AJAX-heavy client-side Single Page Applications (SPAs).
- Industry’s most advanced SQL Injection and Cross-site Scripting testing – includes advanced detection of DOM-based XSS.
- AcuSensor Technology – Combines black box scanning techniques with feedback from its sensors placed inside source code.
Fast, Accurate, Easy to Use
Multi-threaded, lightning fast crawler and scanner that can crawl hundreds of thousands of pages without interruptions.
- Highest detection of WordPress vulnerabilities – scans WordPress installations for over 1200 known vulnerabilities in WordPress’ core, themes and plugins.
- An easy to use Login Sequence Recorder that allows the automatic scanning of complex password protected areas.
- Review vulnerability data with built-in vulnerability management. Easily generate a wide variety of technical and compliance reports.
We use Acunetix as part of our Security in the SDLC and to test code in DEV and SIT before being promoted to Production.