A Target is a web site, web application, server or network device that you would like to scan for security vulnerabilities using Acunetix. For licensing purposes, the following rules apply:
- Localhost and 127.0.0.1 consume 1 Target
- Domain.com and www.domain.com count as 1 Target
- Https and http count as 1 Target
- Sub-domains are different targets (e.g. www.domain.com and www2.domain.com consume 2 Targets)
- Different URLs in same domain count as 1 Target e.g. www.domain.com and www.domain.com/blog
- Different ports on the same address counts as 1 Target e.g. www.domain.com:8080 and www.domain.com:8888
- Our test sites do not consume any targets.
The above applies to both Acunetix On Premise and Acunetix Online
What is a “Free Scan Target”?
A “Free Scan Target” is a network server or device that can be configured in Acunetix Online and which can be scanned for network vulnerabilities.
During the trial, Acunetix Online users can configure up to 3 scan targets to test Acunetix. These Scan Targets will be automatically converted to Free Scan Targets after the Acunetix Online trial expires. These scan targets will not expire.
Acunetix Online customers can configure up to their license limit as FREE Scan Targets, essentially doubling their scan target quota. For example, a customer that has a 10 Target license can configure an extra 10 FREE Network Targets, in addition to the 10 Targets allowed by the license.
NOTE: Only fully verified Acunetix Online accounts can request Network scans on their perimeter servers. More information can be found in the “Verifying Scan Target Ownership” section in the Configuring Scan Targets documentation.