Acunetix is a dynamic software company that develops a cutting-edge tool designed with security professionals in mind – to help them secure their websites and web applications from design flaws and hackers
As a result of our strong and continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Accountant to join the Acunetix group finance team in Malta. The Accountant will be involved in managing the shared financial accounting function, while ensuring the accurate management of the company’s financial affairs.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accountant will be required to:
- Prepare a variety of monthly reports according to agreed timetables and ad-hoc reports as may become necessary from time to time
- Directly or indirectly oversee general ledgers, creditors and debtors ledgers, tax administration, bank accounts management and budgets
- Liaise with local and overseas auditors on annual audits
- Monitor company’s internal control systems and procedures and their relevance to changing work practices
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of budgets
- Calculate deferred revenue, accruals and prepayments, depreciation, and other items required for month end closes.
- Oversee the reconciliation of monthly bank statements
- Oversee accounts receivable collection and accounts payable payments, and ensure that income and expenditure are charged to appropriate accounts
- Ensure that records of all fixed assets are kept updated
- File all appropriate company documentation with the local and foreign authorities
- Keep oneself updated on developments in Finance and Accounting
- Ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A degree in Accountancy or an equivalent professional qualification
- At least three years’ experience in an international business
- A very strong accounting background
- Ability to maximise and exploit the reporting capabilities of the accounting system
- Knowledge in computerised accounting systems
- A meticulous, methodical and accurate approach in the completion of tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Qualities of discretion, reliability and trustworthiness
- A sense of responsibility as a team player
- Efficiency and effectiveness.
The right applicant will be offered a competitive salary and provided with a luxurious working environment located in Portomaso Tower. If you are ready for a new challenge, send your C.V. with a clear reference to the post you are applying for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org