Enable Two-Factor Authentication in Acunetix 360
You can enable two-factor authentication – also known as two-step verification or 2FA – to add an extra layer of security to your Acunetix 360 account. When you enable two-factor authentication, as you log in to Acunetix 360, you will be asked for your password and a one-time code.
How to Enable Two-factor Authentication
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- Select [Your Name] (top right of page), then Two-factor Authentication. The Configure Two-factor Authentication page is displayed.
- Click Enable two-factor authentication.
- Install a two-factor authentication app on your phone. Google Authenticator is a popular choice. You can download it from Google Play or the App Store.
- Launch the app on your phone, and use it to scan the QR Code displayed on your Acunetix 360 dashboard.
- Once the code is scanned, the mobile authenticator app displays an Acunetix 360 verification code. (This screenshot shows the Google Authenticator app.)
- In the Current Password field, enter your Acunetix 360 password.
- In the Please enter the 6-digit code generated by the application field, enter the verification code displayed in your mobile authenticator app.
- Click Configure to finalize the setup.
Two-factor Authentication Recovery Codes
Once you enable Two-factor Authentication in Acunetix 360, the service generates ten Recovery Codes, as illustrated.
The next time you log in to Acunetix 360, you will be asked for your email address and password, as usual. Next, you will be asked for the one-time verification code from your mobile app. If you are unable to access the mobile app during the login process, use one of the Two-factor Authentication Recovery Codes.
Download or copy the Recovery Codes to a secure place where only you and other trusted users can access them. Recovery Codes are needed only when you need to log in but do not have access to the two-factor authentication mobile app to generate a one-time code.
Please note that a Recovery Code can only be used once. If you use them all, disable and enable Two-factor Authentication again to regenerate new ones.
How to Use Recovery Codes
- Log in to your Acunetix 360 account using your username and password. If you have two-factor authentication enabled, the Two-factor Authentication page is displayed.
- Click the Can’t access your phone? link. The Recovery Code field is displayed.
- Enter your Recovery Code.
- Click Sign in.