Configuring Okta Single Sign-On Integration with SAML
Okta is an identity and access management platform. Its single sign-on solution allows users to log into a variety of systems using one centralized process.
Using Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), a user can use their managed account credentials to sign in to enterprise cloud applications via Single Sign-On (SSO). An Identity Provider (IdP) service provides administrators with a single place to manage all users and cloud applications.
You don't have to manage individual user IDs and passwords tied to individual cloud applications for each of your users. An IdP service provides your users with a unified sign-on across all their enterprise cloud applications. Acunetix 360 supports the SAML methods of both IdP initiated and SP initiated.
You can also create a new user in Acunetix 360 using the Enable Auto Provisioning option.
You have to use IdP-initiated SSO if you want to utilize Auto Provisioning.
If you will use SP-initiated SSO, please set the Name ID Format value to email address on the IdP side.
Single Sign-On Fields
This table lists and explains the Single Sign-On fields in the Okta Single Sign-On window.
Select this option to enable the single sign-on feature.
Enforce to authenticate only with single sign-on
Enable this option so only administrator users can authenticate without single sign-on. Users can only sign in to Acunetix 360 by using the email address that belongs to their employer.
This is the SAML identity provider’s Identifier value.
SAML 2.0 Service URL
This is the Consumer URL value (also called the SSO Endpoint or Recipient URL).
SAML 2.0 Endpoint
This is the URL from your IdP's SSO Endpoint field.
This is the X.509 certificate value.
Enable Auto Provisioning
Enable this option so that an account will be automatically created for IdP registered users when they first access Acunetix 360.
If you enable this option for user creation in Acunetix 360, you must complete the FirstName, LastName and Phone Number (optional) fields in the Attribute Statements on the IdP side.
This means a new team member can log in to Acunetix 360 with the View Scan Report permission. Admins can add permissions after this.
Require SAML assertions to be encrypted
Enable this option to prevent third parties from reading private data in transit from assertions.
There are two options:
Use Alternate Login Email
Enable to allow users to use alternative email for SSO.
After you enable this, you can enter an alternative email in the New Member window and while editing the user's details in the Team window.
How to Configure Okta Single Sign-On Integration with SAML
- Log in to your Okta account and navigate to the Admin dashboard.
The Dashboard is displayed.
- From the Shortcuts menu, click Add Applications. The Add Application window is displayed.
- Click Create New App. The Create a New Application Integration dialog is displayed.
- In the Sign on method field, select SAML 2.0 and click Create. The Create SAML Integration window is displayed and opens at the General Settings tab.
- In the App name field, enter a name, and click Next. The Configure SAML tab is displayed.
- Log in to Acunetix 360, and from the main menu, click Settings, then Single Sign-On. The Single Sign-On window is displayed:
- Copy the URL from the SAML 2.0 Service URL field.
- Then in Okta, paste the URL into the Single sign on URL field.
- In Acunetix 360’s Single Sign-On window, copy the URL from the Identifier field.
- Finally, in Okta paste the URL into the Audience URI (SP Entity ID) field.
- In Okta, click Next. The Feedback tab is displayed.
- Click Finish, and ensure that you assign your users.
- Navigate to the Applications window and click the Sign On tab. The Sign On tab is displayed.
- Click Assignments if you want to assign either a User or Groups.
Click Assign, then Assign to People or Assign to Groups.
- Click View Setup Instructions.
- In the window that is displayed:
- Copy the URL from the Identity Provider Issuer field.
- Then log in to Acunetix 360, and from the main menu, click Settings, then Single Sign-On. The Single Sign-On window is displayed. Select Okta from the drop-down list and paste the URL into the Idp Identifier field.
- Next, copy the URL from the Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL field.
- Then in Acunetix 360’s Single Sign-On window, paste the URL into the SAML 2.0 Endpoint field.
- Copy the content from the X.509 Certificate field.
- Finally, in Acunetix 360’s Single Sign-On window, paste it into the X.509 Certificate field.
- In Acunetix 360’s Single Sign-On window, click Save Changes.