Integrating Acunetix 360 with HashiCorp Vault
HashiCorp Vault is a secret management system that provides access to secrets (key values), such as password and API keys, in a secure way. Due to its centralized system, Vault also records an audit log to check who accessed different features, such as a database. In addition to these benefits, it also encrypts secrets at rest and in transit, and provides applications with access to these secrets for a limited time.
Acunetix 360 provides integration with HashiCorp Vault Key-Value (KV) to provide the following key values:
- To eliminate the need to share sensitive credentials for vulnerability scanning on password-protected webpages.
- To automate credential retrieval to carry out vulnerability assessment on the target website.
- To manage credentials easily while also ensuring that vulnerability scanning is carried out without.
For further information, see What Systems Does Acunetix 360 Integrate With?.
This table lists and explains the fields in the New Vault Integration window.
This is the name of the configuration that will be shown elsewhere.
This section contains fields that must be completed.
This is the base URL.
This is the API token for the user to authenticate.
This is the agent mode that you can select.
There are two options:
Verify and Save
This verifies certification and the connection with the service.
How to Integrate Acunetix 360 with Vault
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, click Integrations then New Integration.
- From the Secrets and Encryption Management section, click Vault. The New Vault Integration window is displayed.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the integration.
- In the Mandatory section, complete the connection details:
- In the Agent Mode, select an option.
- Select Verify and Save to test the connection and save it. (If you have more than one authentication verifier agent, you see a drop-down to select the verifier agent.)
Verifying form authentication with HashiCorp Vault
When you successfully integrate Vault, you can use this integration to launch a new scan.
This table lists and explains the fields in the HashiCorp Vault Settings window.
This is the name of the integration that you entered in the New Vault Integration window.
This section contains the Key-Value Version. There are two options: V1 and V2. Please select the relevant one.
This is the name you entered in Vault for your engine.
This is the name you entered in Vault for the target website.
This holds the username value.
Enable the Use static username checkbox only if you plan not to change a username routinely.
This holds the password value.
How to use the Vault integration to verify form authentication
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, click Scans, then New Scan. The New Scan window is displayed.
- In the Target URL field, enter the URL.
- Complete the remainder of the fields, as described in Acunetix 360 New Scan Fields and Acunetix 360 Scan Options Fields.
- Then from the Authentication settings, click the Form tab.
- Enable the Form Authentication checkbox.
- Click the New Persona dropdown, and select Hashicorp Vault. The Hashicorp Vault Settings dialog is displayed.
- Complete the fields in the dialog box.
Select Test Value Settings to verify the username and password.
- Click Save.
- Click Verify Login & Logout to test the new Persona.