Custom Report Policies
A report policy is a list of reporting settings for web security scan results and reports. A Custom Report Policy enables you to configure these settings, including how the web security scanner displays its findings in the Acunetix 360 application and in reports. (If you want to enable or disable specific security checks in the actual Scan itself, you should configure a Scan Policy instead.)
When you exclude the SQL Injection vulnerability from a Report Policy and run a report, the scanner will still check if the target web application is vulnerable to this vulnerability. However, if it detects one, it won’t report it in the Scan Results. With the Report Policy, the SQL Injection is only hidden.
If you later generate a Report from the same Scan with the Default Report Policy, in which the SQL Injection vulnerability is included, the identified SQL Injection vulnerability will be listed in the report.
- You can specify which detected vulnerabilities Acunetix 360 should report in the Scan Results
- You can also change the Severity level, the visibility, and the classification properties of a vulnerability
Acunetix 360’s built-in Report Policy is called the Default Report Policy. It is read-only and it is used to provide the default settings for your custom Report Policies. You can clone existing Report Policies or create new ones, and then the new custom report policy is modified to suit your requirements.
Report Policy Fields
This table lists and explains the fields in the New Report Policy window in Acunetix 360.
Enter a friendly name for the Report Policy.
Enter a simple description that will help you remember what it is for.
Select this checkbox to share your Report Policy with other team members.
How to View Report Policies in Acunetix 360
From the main menu, click Policies, then Report Policies. The Report Policies window is displayed. From there, you can view, clone, edit or delete any listed policy. Admin users with permission can manage their Team Member's Report Policies. This means that if a Report Policy is private but belongs to your team member, you can still view, edit, delete and clone that policy.
How to Create a New Report Policy in Acunetix 360
- From the main menu, click Policies, then New Report Policy. The New Report Policy window is displayed.
- In the Name field, enter a name for your report policy.
- In the Description field, enter a description for your report policy.
- Enable the Shared field, if required.
- Click Save.
How to Create a Custom Report Policy in Acunetix 360
- From the main menu, click Policies, then Report Policies. The Report Policies window is displayed.
- Select the name of the Report Policy you want to customize. The Update Report Policy window is displayed.
- Click the Editor tab. The full list of vulnerabilities is displayed.
- In the vulnerabilities library list, check those you want to include in your Scan Report. You can also use the input field at the top to search for a specific vulnerability.
- For each vulnerability, use the dropdown to change the Severity Level of each vulnerability, if required.
- To add a new vulnerability to the Report Policy, click New in the vulnerabilities library list. The Vulnerability Editor is displayed.
Fill in the fields as required and click Save.
- To clone a selected vulnerability to the Report Policy, click Clone in the vulnerabilities library list. The Clone Vulnerability dialog is displayed.
From the Type dropdown, select the vulnerability type and click Save.
- To edit a selected vulnerability in the Report policy, click Edit in the vulnerabilities library list. The Vulnerability Editor dialog is displayed. Change as required and click Save.
- To change a template or the classification of a selected vulnerability in the Report Policy, edit the Vulnerability Details section and click Save.
- To delete a selected vulnerability in the Report Policy, click Delete.
How to Clone the Default Report Policy in Acunetix 360
- From the main menu, click Policies, then Report Policies.
- For the relevant policy, click Clone. The New Report Policy tab is displayed.
- Complete the fields as described from step 2 in How to Create a Custom Report Policy in Acunetix 360.
How to Use a Custom Report Policy in a Scan in Acunetix 360
Once you have created a Custom Report Policy, you can use it when creating a New Scan, New Scheduled Scan or New Group Scan.
- From the main menu, click Scans, then New Scan. The New Scan window opens at the General tab.
- From the Report Policy dropdown, select your Custom Report Policy.
- Complete the remaining fields as described in Creating a New Scan.