Configuring Basic, Digest, NTLM/Kerberos and Negotiate Authentication
Acunetix 360 supports Basic, Digest, NTLM/Kerberos and Negotiate authentication mechanisms. This enables you to configure scans for websites that require those types of authentication.
Basic, Digest, NTLM/Kerberos and Negotiate Authentication Fields
This table lists and explains the fields in the Basic, Digest, NTLM/Kerberos and Negotiate Authentication section.
Basic, Digest,NTLM/Kerberos, Negotiate Authentication
Select to enable Basic, Digest, NTLM/Kerberos or Negotiate Authentication.
This is the type of authentication:
Enter the URL prefix that determines the scope of the authentication method.
Enter the username.
Enter the password, masked by asterisks.
Enter the domain setting, which should be the value of the domain name for Windows systems, not the hostname of the site. This field is optional, for when the domain is required in Windows environments only.
Do not expect challenge (Basic Authentication)
Select to enable authentication, even if the server does not send an authentication challenge. This is an option that specifies whether the Basic Authentication credentials should be sent in each request without expecting a 401 Authentication challenge from the server.
How to Configure Basic, Digest, NTLM/Kerberos and Negotiate Authentication in Acunetix 360
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, click Scans, then New Scan. The New Scan window is displayed.
- From the Authentication section, select Basic, NTLM/Kerberos. The Basic, or NTLM/Kerberos, Negotiate Authentication section is displayed.
- Enable the Basic, Digest, NTLM/Kerberos, Negotiate Authentication checkbox.
- Click New Credential. The Credential dialog is displayed.
- From the Type dropdown, select an option.
- In the URL Prefix field, enter the scope of the authentication. For example, if the authentication is enabled on the /foo folder then enter: http://site.com/foo/.
- In the Username field, enter the username.
- In the Password field, enter the password.
- In the Domain field, enter the domain name, if required.
- Click Apply to save settings.