Deploying AcuSensor for .NET in Acunetix 360
You can use AcuSensor to carry out interactive security testing (IAST) in your web application to confirm more vulnerabilities and further minimize false positives.
For AcuSensor to operate, you need to download an agent and deploy it on your server. Please note that this agent is generated uniquely for each target website for security reasons.
This topic explains how to download and copy the AcuSensor files to your hard disk and install AcuSensor to your web application.
Deploying the AcuSensor agent consists of 3 steps:
Downloading the AcuSensor agent
You must install Prerequisites on the server hosting the website. The AcuSensor installer application requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher.
Copying the AcuSensor agent to web server
You need to copy the AcuSensor installation files to the server hosting the .NET website.
To install Acunetix AcuSensor, you need to take the following steps.
How to install Acunetix AcuSensor for .NET websites
- Open AcuSensor Installer.
- Select Next, then Install.
- Once installed, select Finish. The Acunetix .NET AcuSensor Manager v2.0 is installed on your server. Please note that you may be asked to insert the AcuSensor password. This should match the one that you used in Acunetix settings.
- Open the Acunetix .NET AcuSensor v2.0 Manager and view a list of .NET applications installed on your server
- Select website(s) and select Install Sensor. Acunetix AcuSensor will be installed in selected applications.
- Then, close the confirmation window and also the AcuSensor manager.
How to remove Acunetix AcuSensor for .NET websites
- Open the Acunetix .NET AcuSensor Manager v2.0.
- Select the websites and select Remove Sensor
- Close the Acunetix .NET AcuSensor Manager v2.0.
If needed, you can also uninstall the Acunetix .NET AcuSensor Manager from the Add/Remove Programs from the Settings.
Although the Acunetix AcuSensor agent is secured with a unique strong built-in password, it is recommended that the AcuSensor client files are uninstalled and removed from the web application if they are no longer in use.
« Back to the Acunetix Support Page