Can I alter the Scan or Target Settings during a scan?
Sometimes, during a scan, you realise that you should tweak the Target’s settings. For example, you may need to alter the User-Agent used by the scan. This can be done as follows:
- From the Acunetix UI -> Scans -> Select the running scan
- Click on the "Pause Scan" button
- Change to Targets > Open the settings for the Target
- Alter the settings as needed e.g. Scroll down to the Crawling tab, and change the User Agent
- Save the Target settings
- Change to Scans -> Select the Paused Scan
- Click on the "Resume Scan" button - the scan will proceed with the new settings
Note that you cannot alter the Scan Type used. If you need to do this, you will need to restart the scan.