With Acunetix, it is not only possible to start a scan instantaneously, but you can schedule a scan for a future date and time, or schedule recurrent scans which might be helpful for periodical reporting.
These can be set up as follows:
- After adding the target and configuring the scan settings, click on Scan. Once Scan is clicked, a pop up will appear with the scanning options.
- Instant Scans require no modification to the schedule, as "Instant" is the default option. Click on the "Create scan" button and the scan will automatically start.
- To schedule a future scan or a recurrent scan, click on the drop down menu next to schedule, and select Future Scan to schedule a scan once, or Recurrent Scan to schedule a scan to run at a scheduled time and day recurrently.
- If you choose Future Scan, you will be given the option to select the day and time to run the scan.
- If you choose Recurrent Scan, you will be given the option to choose the day to schedule the scan (day of the month) and the recurrence of the scan. The options are daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, or custom.
- Should you wish to run a scan every two weeks, on two separate days, (for example every Monday and Thursday), select Custom and choose the weeks to repeat (2) and the weekdays you would like to scan.
- This can be altered to have a scan run every week, twice a week, every 3 months, or every 5 years.
- Before finishing, you can also choose the time to start the scans by selecting the Time Sensitive option, and choosing the hours and minutes of the day you would like the scan to start. However, make sure that these do not conflict with any Excluded hours that may have been put into place beforehand.
- To save the recurring scans, simply click on Create Scan. The scheduled scan will now be available in the Scans menu, showing the day and time they will start.
When Continuous Scanning is enabled, Acunetix performs a full scan once a week and a quick scan everyday, scanning only for critical vulnerabilities. Continuous scans updates the vulnerabilities for the Target, and these can be accessed from the Vulnerabilities page. You will be notified by email and in the notification area when new vulnerabilities are identified.