Installing internal agents on Windows
Acunetix Premium+ Online lets you use internal agents to scan targets in your internal environment that are not publicly accessible from the internet or when you do not want to allow-list Acunetix cloud agents.
This article explains how to install the Acunetix internal agent in a Windows environment. You can also install internal agents using Docker Desktop. For more information, refer to:
Limitations for internal agents
When the site is internal, and you prefer using internal agents for the scan, you cannot create a new Login Sequence Record (LSR) or Business Logic Record. However, you can import them. For further information about recording and downloading an LSR, refer to Using the Login Sequence Recorder.
For internal agents to work properly, you need to allowlist the following URLs:
For more information, refer to Allowlisting requirements for agents.
NOTE: If you are running multiple concurrent scans with internal agents, your RAM and CPU need to be exponentially greater than the specified installation requirements.
Any additional concurrent scan requires +2 GB RAM and +1 core.
How to install an internal agent on Windows
- Log in to Acunetix.
- From the main menu, select Agents.
- Click Agent Installation Instructions.
- Select Windows.
- Enter a name for your internal agent.
- Create a folder where you will save the internal agent.
- Click Download Windows Agent. When the invicti-agent.exe file is downloaded, move it to the folder created in Step 6 above.
- Copy the command from Step 5 in the Agent Installation Instructions.
- As a user without administrative privileges, open Terminal and navigate to the folder where you saved the downloaded invicti-agent.exe file. Alternatively, right-click the folder with the file and select 'Open in Terminal.'
- Paste and execute the command copied in Step 8 above to register the internal agent with your Acunetix account.
- Copy the command from Step 6 in the Agent Installation Instructions.
- As a user with administrative privileges, open Terminal and navigate to the folder where you saved the downloaded invicti-agent.exe file. Alternatively, right-click the folder with the file and select 'Open in Terminal.'
- Paste and run the command copied in Step 11 above. This installs the agent as a service so that it is ready to start executing scans.
Your internal agent is now installed. You can view your internal agents in Acunetix by going to the Agents page.
You can now assign targets to the installed internal agent and commence testing your website.
To troubleshoot any issues, check the logs located in the logs folder within the agent installation directory you created. For further assistance, contact our Support team.
Uninstall the service
If you need to uninstall the service, run the following command as a user with administrative privileges:
.\invicti-agent.exe service -u --log-level=info --log-file