This host is running 3CTftpSvc TFTP Server and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to cause the application to crash, denying further service to legitimate users. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to a boundary error during the processing of TFTP Read/Write request packet types. This can be exploited to cause a stack based buffer overflow by sending a specially crafted packet with an overly long mode field.
3Com 3CTFTPSvc TFTP Server version 2.0.1
- DATAC RealWin SCADA Server On_FC_CONNECT_FCS_a_FILE Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- ALLMediaServer Request Handling Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- ClamAV 'find_stream_bounds()' function Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Reader/Acrobat Multiple BOF Vulnerabilities - Jun09 (Win)
- Apple iTunes 'itpc:' URI Buffer Overflow Vulnerability