This host is installed with AbsoluteFTP and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation could allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code within the context of the application. Failed attacks may cause a denial of service condition. Impact Level: System/Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to a boundary error when processing an overly long 'LIST' command. This can be exploited to cause a stack-based buffer overflow via a specially crafted FTP LIST command.
AbsoluteFTP versions 1.9.6 through 2.2.10
- RealPlayer Watch Folders Function Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- VLC Media Player 'MP4_ReadBox_skcr()' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- Disk Pulse Server Stack Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- IpTools Tiny TCP/IP Servers Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SlySoft Product(s) Code Execution Vulnerability