The host is running ActiveFax RAW Server and is prone to multiple buffer overflow vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation will allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to ActiveFax 5.01 beta or later, For updates refer to http://www.actfax.com/download/beta/actfax_setup_en.exe
The flaws due to some boundary errors within the RAW server when processing the '@F000', '@F506', and '@F605' data fields can be exploited to cause stack-based buffer overflows by sending a specially crafted command to the server.
ActiveFax Version 5.01 build 0232 and prior
- Citrix Provisioning Services 'streamprocess.exe' Component Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CursorArts ZipWrangler 'ZIP Processing' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- ClamAV 'find_stream_bounds()' function Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Reader/Acrobat Multiple BOF Vulnerabilities - Jun09 (Win)
- CTorrent/Enhanced CTorrent Buffer Overflow Vulnerability