The host is running ActiveFax RAW Server and is prone to multiple buffer overflow vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation will allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to ActiveFax 5.01 beta or later, For updates refer to http://www.actfax.com/download/beta/actfax_setup_en.exe
The flaws due to some boundary errors within the RAW server when processing the '@F000', '@F506', and '@F605' data fields can be exploited to cause stack-based buffer overflows by sending a specially crafted command to the server.
ActiveFax Version 5.01 build 0232 and prior
- Adobe Reader 'XFDF' File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- A-V Tronics InetServ POP3 Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- Active Perl 'Perl_repeatcpy()' Function Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader SING 'uniqueName' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- Adobe Reader 'XFDF' File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Mac OS X)