This host is installed with Adobe Reader/Acrobat and is prone to remote code execution vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will let attackers to execute arbitrary code by tricking a user into opening a PDF file embedding a malicious Flash animation and bypass intended sandbox restrictions allowing cross-domain requests. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader/Acrobat version 9.3.1 or 8.2.1 or later. For updates refer to http://www.adobe.com
Flaw is caused by a memory corruption error in the 'authplay.dll' module when processing malformed Flash data within a PDF document and some unspecified error.
Adobe Reader version 8.x before 8.2.1 and 9.x before 9.3.1 Adobe Acrobat version 8.x before 8.2.1 and 9.x before 9.3.1
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Adobe AIR Multiple Vulnerabilities-01 Sep13 (Mac OS X)
- Adobe Air Code Execution and DoS Vulnerabilities (Windows)
- Adobe AIR Code Execution and DoS Vulnerabilities Nov13 (Mac OS X)
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader PDF Handling Multiple Vulnerabilities (Linux)
- Adobe Acrobat Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities - Mac OS X