This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will let attackers to crash an affected application or execute arbitrary code by tricking a user into opening a specially crafted PDF document. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader version 9.4, For updates refer to http://www.adobe.com
The flaw is due to a boundary error within 'CoolType.dll' when processing the 'uniqueName' entry of SING tables in fonts.
Adobe Reader version 9.3.4 and prior.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Adobe Reader 'Plug-in' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Mac OS X)
- Adobe Flash Player Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- Adobe Reader 'File Extension' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Mac OS X)
- CCProxy CONNECTION Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Anzio Web Print Object ActiveX Control Remote BOF Vulnerability