The host is installed with Adobe Audition and is prone to multiple buffer overflow vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation could allow attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service via crafted data in unspecified fields in the TRKM chunk in an Audition Session file. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to version CS5.5 or higher, For updates refer to http://www.adobe.com/products/audition.html
The flaw is due to an error when handling '.SES' (session) format file, which results in memory corruption, application crash or possibly execute arbitrary code.
Adobe Audition version 3.0.1 and earlier on Windows
- CA eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware 'ppctl.dll' ActiveX Control BOF Vulnerability
- DesignWorks Professional '.cct' File BOF Vulnerability
- Cyrus IMAP Server 'split_wildmats()' Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Bopup Communication Server Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Alpine tmail and dmail Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities (Win)