The host is installed with Adobe Audition and is prone to multiple buffer overflow vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation could allow attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service via crafted data in unspecified fields in the TRKM chunk in an Audition Session file. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to version CS5.5 or higher, For updates refer to http://www.adobe.com/products/audition.html
The flaw is due to an error when handling '.SES' (session) format file, which results in memory corruption, application crash or possibly execute arbitrary code.
Adobe Audition version 3.0.1 and earlier on Windows
- CA Internet Security Suite Plus 'KmxSbx.sys' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BreakPoint Software, Hex Workshop Buffer Overflow vulnerability
- Adobe Reader 'Plug-in' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- Adobe Flash Professional JPG Object Processing BOF Vulnerability (Windows)
- Blazevideo HDTV Player PLF File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability