This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code on the user's system. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader version 5.0.5 or later. For updates refer to http://get.adobe.com/reader
Flaw is due to various boundary condition errors in acrobat activeX control.
Adobe Reader version 4.0 on Windows.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- CA Internet Security Suite Plus 'KmxSbx.sys' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Air Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Mac OS X)
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader SING 'uniqueName' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Win)
- Adobe InDesign 'INDD' File Handling Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Reader Multimeda Doc.media.newPlayer Code Execution Vulnerability (Linux)