This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to cross site scripting and denial of service vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to cause memory corruption, conduct denial of service attack and the execution of arbitrary script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader version 9.2 or 8.1.7 or 7.1.4 or 7.0.9 or later. For updates refer to http://get.adobe.com/reader
Flaws exist due to, - the browser plug-in does not validate user supplied input to the hosted PDF file before returning the input to the user. - some unspecified error.
Adobe Reader version 9.x before 9.2, 8.x before 8.1.7, 7.x before 7.1.4, 7.0.8 and earlier on Linux.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Adobe Flash Player Unspecified Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability June-2011 (Linux)
- Apple Safari 'Webkit' Multiple Vulnerabilities-01 Mar14 (Mac OS X)
- Apple QuickTime Multiple Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerabilities (Win)
- Apache Tomcat XML External Entity Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- Arora Common Name SSL Certificate Spoofing Vulnerability (Linux)