This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to conduct denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary code. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader 6.0.2 or later. For updates refer to http://get.adobe.com/reader
Flaw exist due to a parsing and boundary error when splitting filename paths into components.
Adobe Reader version 6.0 and 6.0.1 on Mac OS X.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Attachmate Reflection FTP Client LIST Command Remote Heap Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- avast! 'aswRdr.sys' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Amarok Player Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader SING 'uniqueName' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- Adobe Flash Player Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Mac OS X)