This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to plugin signature bypass vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to submit a modified plug-in to bypass signature checks and execute malicious code on the system. Impact Level: System/Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to error that plug-ins with signatures used for older versions of Acrobat can also be loaded.
Adobe Reader 6.x version on Windows.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Apple Safari 'SRC' Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- Adobe Products Unspecified Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability June-2011 (Windows)
- Apple Safari Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Adobe Reader Information Disclosure Vulnerability Jun05 (Windows)
- Asterisk Missing ACL Check Remote Security Bypass Vulnerability