This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to execute arbitrary code. Impact Level: System/Application
Apply the patch from the below link ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/4.x/ac405up2.exe NOTE : Ignore this warning, if above mentioned patch is already applied.
The flaw is due to the program fails to validate the '/Registry' and '/Ordering' strings
Adobe Reader version 4.0.5 and before on Windows.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Attachmate Reflection FTP Client LIST Command Remote Heap Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Photoshop PNG Image Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities (Mac OS X)
- Adobe Reader 'XFDF' File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- CA eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware 'ppctl.dll' ActiveX Control BOF Vulnerability
- Apache mod_proxy content-length buffer overflow