This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code on the system and gain sensitive information. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader version 6.0 or later. For updates refer to http://get.adobe.com/reader
Flaw is due to the boundary error in 'OutputDebugString' function.
Adobe Reader version 5.1 on Linux.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Adobe Shockwave Player ActiveX Control BOF Vulnerability
- Apple iTunes 'itms:' URI Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader SING 'uniqueName' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Win)
- Attachmate Reflection FTP Client LIST Command Remote Heap Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Bopup Communication Server Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability