This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code on the system and gain sensitive information. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader version 6.0 or later. For updates refer to http://get.adobe.com/reader
Flaw is due to the boundary error in 'OutputDebugString' function.
Adobe Reader version 5.1 on Linux.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Adobe Flash Player Multiple Vulnerabilities - Mar09 (Win)
- Adobe Reader '/Registry' and '/Ordering' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Win)
- Adobe Flash Player Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- Active Perl 'Perl_repeatcpy()' Function Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- BS.Player '.bsl' File Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities