This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code on the system and gain sensitive information. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader version 6.0 or later. For updates refer to http://get.adobe.com/reader
Flaw is due to the boundary error in 'OutputDebugString' function.
Adobe Reader version 5.1 on Linux.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Adobe Reader/Acrobat Multimedia Doc.media.newPlayer Code Execution Vulnerability (Win)
- Adobe Flash CS3 SWF Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- ChaSen Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- Cscope putstring Multiple Buffer Overflow vulnerability
- Dell Webcam 'crazytalk4.ocx' ActiveX Multiple BOF Vulnerabilities