This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code on the system and gain sensitive information. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader version 6.0 or later. For updates refer to http://get.adobe.com/reader
Flaw is due to the boundary error in 'OutputDebugString' function.
Adobe Reader version 5.1 on Mac OS X.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- A-V Tronics InetServ POP3 Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- Adobe Reader Multiple BOF Vulnerabilities - Jun09 (Linux)
- Apple iTunes 'itpc:' URI Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Reader 'Plug-in' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Mac OS X)
- CursorArts ZipWrangler 'ZIP Processing' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability