This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code on the system and gain sensitive information. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader version 6.0 or later. For updates refer to http://get.adobe.com/reader
Flaw is due to the boundary error in 'OutputDebugString' function.
Adobe Reader version 5.1 on Mac OS X.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Alpine tmail and dmail Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities (Win)
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader SING 'uniqueName' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- ChaSen Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- BigAntSoft BigAnt IM Message Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Adobe Reader 'XFDF' File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Mac OS X)