This host is installed with Adobe Reader and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code on the system and gain sensitive information. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Adobe Reader version 6.0 or later. For updates refer to http://get.adobe.com/reader
Flaw is due to the boundary error in 'OutputDebugString' function.
Adobe Reader version 5.1 on Windows.
Get the installed version with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- CTorrent/Enhanced CTorrent Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Flash Player Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- Adobe Reader 'XFDF' File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- Audacity Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- DATAC RealWin SCADA Server On_FC_CONNECT_FCS_a_FILE Buffer Overflow Vulnerability