An ADO stream object represents a file in memory. The stream object contains several methods for reading and writing binary files and text files. When this by-design functionality is combined with known security vulnerabilities in Microsoft Internet Explorer, an Internet Web site could execute script from the Local Machine zone. This behavior occurs because the ADODB.Stream object permits access to the hard disk when the ADODB.Stream object is hosted in Internet Explorer.
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (953838)
- Buffer Overrun in the ListBox and in the ComboBox (824141)
- Buffer Overrun In HTML Converter Could Allow Code Execution (823559)
- Host Integration Server RPC Service Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (956695)
- Microsoft IIS FTP Service Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities (975254)